Saturday, February 19, 2011

Heel, My Broken Needle

More time has elapsed than I am sure is logical in the mind of anyone who routinely knits socks, however, for myself, who never expected to finish a sock, finally arriving at my first heel turning is a momentous occasion. I am nearly there! The completion of a sock! G-d only knows how long the formation of a mate will take.

I did have a bit of a deterrent (as if I needed another one!) when I discovered one of my needles has snapped and has a ridge that does not allow the wool to pass over it. I am exceptionally careful about my needles and always put them back in their carrying case. It certainly isn't from overuse, since I'm barely through my first sock. I'll need to check the warranty and see if I can get a replacement needle. Until then, the smallest piece of scotch tape and an extra does of patience will have to suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment